A Graduate will be given a diploma if he/she has:
Â· Successfully completed all required courses in the programs of study.
Â· Has fulfilled all monetary obligations to the school.
Â· Completed all requirements for the program attended.
Â· A copy of their School/work physical must be in the studentâ€™s file prior to the externship. A student attending any program that requires direct patient care is obligated to obtain a physical prior to attending a clinical or externship.
Students are graded during each course of study by the instructor's evaluation of the quality of work presented and the student's ability to follow instructions. The school maintains a certain amount of flexibility in its testing and evaluation of individual students.
>> Letter grades and equivalents
90-100 A 4.0 GPA
80-89 B 3.0 GPA
70-79 C 2.0 GPA
69 or below D 1.0 GPA ( failure)
W Withdrew from class.
>> Pass & Fail grades
Pass/ fail grades are only given for courses described as such in the course descriptions. The pass/ fail grade does not count toward a Grade Point Average (GPA), however a student must achieve a grade of pass to be awarded a certificate.
>> Grievance procedure
If a student feels their rights are being violated due to an act of discrimination based on race, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, beneficiaries only, citizenship or participation in programs given by the Levin School of Health, they may file a complaint of discrimination with the Office of Civil Rights and Minority Affairs, (OCRMA). 2670 Executive Center Circle West, 200 Sutton Building, Tallahassee, Fl 32399-2157, within 180 days of alleged occurrence.
If they have a problem which arose in connection with their receiving services from the Levin School of Health Care they should discuss the matter with their Instructor, if possible. If it is not possible, then the matter should be brought to the attention of the School Administrator. If the problem cannot be resolved, you may complete a formal grievance form.
>> Refund policy
Should the student be terminated or canceled for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
1. Cancellation must be made in person or by certified mail.
2. All moneys will be refunded if the applicant is not accepted by the School or the student cancels within three (3) business days after signing the enrollment agreement and making initial payment.
3. Cancellation after the third (3rd) business day, but before the first class, will result in a refund of all moneys paid with the exception of fifty dollars, ($50.00).
4. Cancellation before completing 50 percent of the program, will result in a Pro Rata refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours.
5. Cancellation after completing 50 percent of the program will result in no refund.
6. Termination date: The termination date for the refund computation purposes is the last date of actual attendance by the student unless earlier written notice is received.
7. Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination or receipt of cancellation notice.
>> Clock Hours
The Levin School awards clock hours for courses successfully completed. Each student has a completed transcript in the file after graduation. For purposes of transfer of credit, ten classroom hours of lecture, 20 hours of laboratory and 30 hours of practicum each equal Â¼ credit hour.